Looking for Cinema 4D documentation

General talk forum.
fxgogo

Looking for Cinema 4D documentation

Post by fxgogo »

Hi all, I need manuals to Cinema 4D. Any version is fine and they need to be in English. Anyone got anything?
muadib
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Cinema 4D documentation

Post by muadib »

Hi fxgogo,

I havent been able to find anything in English BUT here you can find the German manual in two version, the latter being a selectable pdf: https://www.retro-commodore.eu/download ... DE_ocr.pdf

Now I ran some pages through Google Translate and the translation seems valid.

Would this be perhaps a Translation Project worthy of our group?? :D
'Cause I'd really love to get my hands on Cinema4D as well as contribute to the community...
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

Yeah, good find. I have the German ones. I am making some enquiries to see if there is an archive somewhere with the Amiga assets.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Great,

Let us know how it goes! I've always wanted to work with Cinema3D and get to experience its potential...

So we have a plan B. :D
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

Ok, still no manual, but I am starting to figure it out. If you know modern C4D, it does help a lot as there is so much in common with the Amiga versions.

Here is a first render to come out of it. Quite impressed with the features so far.
C4D_Basic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Wow! Amazing Congrats!
Is this an IFF24?
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

he he, thanks. Hardly anything special, but it is working. Yeah, it is a 24bit IFF. Independent of the viewing mode, it renders a 24bit image and saves to it by default. I was initially using my A1200 CF install via emulation (my baby was being recapped), but decided to make a A4000 P96 system which then allowed me to make a 2560x1440 workbench. C4D was very happy to run in that res, which makes things so much easier.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Wow! Great stuff, keep it up!

Did U have any luck with the documentation?
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

Nope nothing yet. Just the German ones. I have even tried contacting Paul Bapp from Maxon in the States, but I think he is a little busy to deal with us retro fiends. I soldier on though.
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

Have made a break through. I managed to get the manual and addendum for C4D for the Amiga. It is on loan to me from Jonah at Amiga Addict who purchased a job lot of a reader who sadly passed away. So next step is to scan these two immaculate manuals without destroying them. It covers C4D R2, 3 & 4.