Running Lightwave on A1200

Stuck on how to use a modelling tool or render a special effect?
Here is the place to ask! Start a new thread but browse first for other threadds that already have the answer to your question!
rossoe

Running Lightwave on A1200

Post by rossoe »

I know I can run Lightwave under WinUAE, but I'd love to have it running on largely original hardware.

I've got an initial setup working apart from some tweaks to assigns still to resolve.

But my main issue at the moment is Modeler switching to a slightly different resolution that chops off the bottom?

I've tested with Screen mode in Workbench prefs on - 640 x 256 and 640 x 512 and both do the same in Modeler.

LightWave itself is set to 672 x 432 with 8 colours. I don't have an old CRT.

I'm running version 5.0r
muadib
Site Admin

Re: Running Lightwave on A1200

Post by muadib »

Hi Rossoe,

It is true that running on real hardware has certain stability benefits and a more true Amiga feeling, of I may say so.

What type of monitor do you have? Are you using a scandoubler like Indivision?
- muadib
rossoe

Post by rossoe »

Hi Muadib,

I dug out my ossc, and I've been testing some more tonight, as I'd only tried using standard scart cable direct to TV so far.

So I've now managed to get PAL high res 640 x 512 interlaced working on small LG LED TV and my larger LED TV - slight snowing on both, but I'll try figure that out in ossc settings somehow. But most importantly I can now see the bottom of the Modeler screen, at least I think I can see all of it! I assume the redo and undo buttons are the last one's displayed at the bottom?

I'm still not really sure how you change LightWave res, as anything I change within the application itself just screws up the resolution and it looks terrible?

muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

rossoe wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 pm But most importantly I can now see the bottom of the Modeler screen, at least I think I can see all of it! I assume the redo and undo buttons are the last one's displayed at the bottom?
Hi Rossoe,

Great, you did it! Yes the Redo-Undo buttons are the last ones you should have.

For changing resoutions you press 'd' or via Display -> Options and the Screen button. Normally just one resolution is good for a certain monitor, because the buttons get all too small to be a productive environment. Can be useful for say, a GFX card, where it looks better in higher resolutions
- muadib