Ep.5 Animating

We will be submitting our homework for every episode here.
Iarla

Re: Ep.5 Animating

Post by Iarla »

Thank you so much! I was mistaken, it was really Export to Layout. Now it makes sense :)

Keyframing the objects keeps them in place. I didn't experience this problem with the earlier projects - but now I think that's probably because there was only one object.

Thanks for clarifying, it was not so complicated in the end. Phew!!

muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Exactly,
You had just one object to work with!

No probs, these are nice comments you made!
- muadib

Iarla

Post by Iarla »

The good news is that I got a result. Great episode!

The bad news is that I somehow missed where the object depths were imported :D I will look at the video another time and see where you did that (and how I missed it!). I unchecked the "linear" box for the dot on the eye, just to be playful.

Edit: I have an object for each face and each "body" of the letters. I think this was my mistake. When the letters were being imported into Layout I thought it was just the faces. So in Modeler I should have put each face/body back together after colouring them.

Is it possible to load the scene, open modeler, import an object (eg, A-face) and reattach the body to it before exporting to Layout?
Attachments
Gan.gif
Gan.gif (221.04 KiB) Viewed 40 times

muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Iarla wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 pm
The good news is that I got a result. Great episode!

The bad news is that I somehow missed where the object depths were imported :D I will look at the video another time and see where you did that (and how I missed it!). I unchecked the "linear" box for the dot on the eye, just to be playful.
Nice one! Keyframing is more organic and smooth this way.
Edit: I have an object for each face and each "body" of the letters. I think this was my mistake. When the letters were being imported into Layout I thought it was just the faces. So in Modeler I should have put each face/body back together after colouring them.

Is it possible to load the scene, open modeler, import an object (eg, A-face) and reattach the body to it before exporting to Layout?
Of course.
Just merge all elements of each letter in Modeler to their layers and save the complete objects. You can then replace the old ones with them in Layout (Objects Tab -> Replace Object).
- muadib

Iarla

Post by Iarla »

Easier than I expected, thank you so much. I forgot about Replace Object! I'm finished. I forgot to bevel at the beginning, but I'm satisfied that I understand the lesson. Tonight I will start lesson 6 :) Thanks again Muadib!!
Attachments
gan-sml.gif
gan-sml.gif (70.16 KiB) Viewed 34 times

muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

WOW! That's great Iarla, Congrats, keep it up! :D
- muadib