Ep.4 Surfaces and Materials

We will be submitting our homework for every episode here.
muadib
Site Admin

Ep.4 Surfaces and Materials

Post by muadib »

Upload your homework logo images here!

Episode's link with timing: https://amigaraytracers.com/webcourse/004.php
- muadib
DLG

Re: Ep.4 Surfaces and Materials

Post by DLG »

So I've made only one "Toy Block" for a try and the result is not very satisfying...
I know there's some parts where there're intersecting polygons affecting the result of rendering but I still don't know how to fix this issue. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DLG

Post by DLG »

Now I've made a better result without any polygons intersecting and I will make the other four blocks after I get up...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DLG

Post by DLG »

Here's the final result... Don't know why but the wood texture of the first "A" and "I" can't be clearly rendered using Anti-Aliasing.
Maybe I also need to adjust these blocks' position on the Y axis since it looks like they're floating according to their shadows... :oops:

Update:Now I've lifted the 'floor' object in the Y axis a bit and uploaded the new version as 'v2_002.jpg'.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Wow, incredible stuff!

Regarding intersecting polygons, you can try the Boolean operations, I mention them in a future episode.
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:17 pm Wow, incredible stuff!

Regarding intersecting polygons, you can try the Boolean operations, I mention them in a future episode.
It always makes me happy to be praised...!! :D

I remembered that at first I tried to make the 'frames' using boolean but I got a lot of polygons missing at last.(Now I think maybe they were just facing the wrong direction as you've mentioned before...?)