Ep.5 Animating

We will be submitting our homework for every episode here.
Iarla

Re: Ep.5 Animating

Post by Iarla »

Thank you so much! I was mistaken, it was really Export to Layout. Now it makes sense :)

Keyframing the objects keeps them in place. I didn't experience this problem with the earlier projects - but now I think that's probably because there was only one object.

Thanks for clarifying, it was not so complicated in the end. Phew!!
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Exactly,
You had just one object to work with!

No probs, these are nice comments you made!
- muadib
Iarla

Post by Iarla »

The good news is that I got a result. Great episode!

The bad news is that I somehow missed where the object depths were imported :D I will look at the video another time and see where you did that (and how I missed it!). I unchecked the "linear" box for the dot on the eye, just to be playful.

Edit: I have an object for each face and each "body" of the letters. I think this was my mistake. When the letters were being imported into Layout I thought it was just the faces. So in Modeler I should have put each face/body back together after colouring them.

Is it possible to load the scene, open modeler, import an object (eg, A-face) and reattach the body to it before exporting to Layout?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Iarla wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 pm The good news is that I got a result. Great episode!

The bad news is that I somehow missed where the object depths were imported :D I will look at the video another time and see where you did that (and how I missed it!). I unchecked the "linear" box for the dot on the eye, just to be playful.
Nice one! Keyframing is more organic and smooth this way.
Edit: I have an object for each face and each "body" of the letters. I think this was my mistake. When the letters were being imported into Layout I thought it was just the faces. So in Modeler I should have put each face/body back together after colouring them.

Is it possible to load the scene, open modeler, import an object (eg, A-face) and reattach the body to it before exporting to Layout?
Of course.
Just merge all elements of each letter in Modeler to their layers and save the complete objects. You can then replace the old ones with them in Layout (Objects Tab -> Replace Object).
- muadib
Iarla

Post by Iarla »

Easier than I expected, thank you so much. I forgot about Replace Object! I'm finished. I forgot to bevel at the beginning, but I'm satisfied that I understand the lesson. Tonight I will start lesson 6 :) Thanks again Muadib!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

WOW! That's great Iarla, Congrats, keep it up! :D
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

Before doing the homework of episode 4,I decided to make an animated logo first.So I drew a timeline of the key frames of all objects first and then made these key frames in the program. When it comes to the first attempt of rendering,there comes another problem awkwardly...

When the first frame is rendered,a colored preview image appeared as usual and then nothing new would appear unless I press the Enter key and a black and white still image appeared, telling me to press Enter key to continue or press Esc to exit. The rendered image is saved correctly in my homework folder but I needed to manually press Enter when a image is rendered. During this process,except when the first image is rendered,there's no more colored preview image appeared. I remembered seeing when your program renders the animation,the process of rendering the next image is automated... And I didn't see anything in the Record or Options panel that seems to be able to solve this problem.
DLG

Post by DLG »

Before getting to know how can I make the next frame continue rendering automatically after one frame is finished, I made some camera movements to the animation.

When watching the ep.6 and ep.7 of your tutorial,I was surprised to find that it's possible to load a image sequence into the scene in Lightwave. I wanted the yellow part of the letters to be flashing by applying an IFF image sequence to the luminosity texture of according surfaces.

So I tried to generate an image sequence using After Effects in Windows,render it into the shared folder and then load the image sequence in Lightwave. These images can be viewed in Windows softwares but Lightwave isn't able to load the sequence or any image belonging to the sequence.

When loading the image sequence,most things seemed to be fine until I pressed either F9 or F10. Before any rendered result is generated on the screen, an error window saying 'Can't load the image' appeared and gets me back to the Layout program normally. When I loaded any image in that sequence, the error window showed up immediately.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Amazing work on the animation, let me know if U upload it, I want to watch it!

Now, you would want to, instead of pressing F10, press the 'Render' button on the bottom left corner in Layout.
You will then get a requester where you click on 'Automatic' for rendering the sequence without you needing to press Enter all the time.

Once U change that, and if you cancel rendering using Esc, F10 will work then and render Automatically all frames you have defined in the requester.
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:21 am Amazing work on the animation, let me know if U upload it, I want to watch it!

Now, you would want to, instead of pressing F10, press the 'Render' button on the bottom left corner in Layout.
You will then get a requester where you click on 'Automatic' for rendering the sequence without you needing to press Enter all the time.

Once U change that, and if you cancel rendering using Esc, F10 will work then and render Automatically all frames you have defined in the requester.
Thank you very much!!

I'm also going to try making the "Toy Block" I've mentioned before. I will post my result in the thread of ep.4 as soon as it's successfully done or I come across some more issues.

Now I can leave the program rendering for hours (since there're actually 240 frames in the animation and it takes about more than one minute to render a frame in 640*480 resolution and anti-aliasing set to "low")tonight before I go to bed and dream about Amiga...

(Actually in my dream last night I saw that I've bought a quilt with Commodore's logo on it(??) and a bottle of water which has the same logo on the label. That's so weird and interesting... :lol: )