Ep.3 Logo Perfection

We will be submitting our homework for every episode here.
muadib
Site Admin

Re: Ep.3 Logo Perfection

Post by muadib »

It seems that the polys of D are facing the wrong direction.
In Modeller, select the D and check to see which way they are facing and flip them if needed. Key is 'f'.
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

After a while and don't remember what I did,the beveled part of the letter D just magically appeared again...!
Now I applied some texture to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Excellent, Congratulations!

Have you defined specific front surfaces yet?

If U want, U can try modelling a logo once more, just to get the hang of it and challenge yourself. Try a different font, different characters etc.

Great work!
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:04 pm Excellent, Congratulations!

Have you defined specific front surfaces yet?

If U want, U can try modelling a logo once more, just to get the hang of it and challenge yourself. Try a different font, different characters etc.

Great work!
Thank you so much! Your tutorials and replies really help me a lot in learning Lightwave...!

It really makes me blush when spending an hour on trying to do another logo and still have nothing actually been made... :oops:

After trying to select a font called "ToyBlock" in the folder called "TypeSmithDeco", I decided to make some models of painted wooden blocks forming the word "AMIGA". However, I've found that even making these geometry shapes are too far beyond my ability... When I thought that the frame of the block would be basically shaped,all what I got in the preview is a mess of surfaces.

Maybe I will try making another logo without too many things I haven't grasped yet but I really don't have any good ideas.

By the way,in your tutorials I saw that you can directly create new drawers in Lightwave using some keyboard shortcuts when you need to save your object&scene file in a new drawer. Before I start watching your tutorial,I saw another person used a certain keyboard shortcut to switch back to Workbench,created the new drawer in Workbench and then used a keyboard shortcut to switch to Lightwave again. I want to know both your method of creating new folders in Lightwave and the keyboard shortcut of switching between Workbench and other fullscreen apps,please...

Also, I want to write a topic to introduce myself later.(In short,I'm new to both the Amiga scene and 3D rendering...!)
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

You are very welcome! Don't worry, little by little it will all come together. The secret is to patiently persist, a little every day.

Regarding the ToyBlock font, I don't have my Amiga in front of me, but bear in mind that many fonts produce distorted shapes. If U can, post a screenshot of the flat shape produced so that I can see how it looks.

To make a drawer from inside Lightwave's file requester, the shortcut is RightAmiga + T. The'RightAmiga in emulation is the right Windows key on a PC keyboard.

Other shortcuts are:
LeftAmiga+n : Change screen to Workbench
LeftAmiga+m: Cycle between screens

The Amiga is probably unique in having screens aside from Windows, in that each program can have, with enough ChipMem, it's own resolution and color palette.

One neat trick to do is holding Left Amiga key and with LeftMouseButton held drag down the mouse.
You can experience a change in resolution and palette to accommodate the highest resolution without even a dropped frame!!
Even today, my PC fades when I want to change resolutions. Granted, we have 32-bit color palettes etc, but the Amiga hard/software rock solid environment is still a tech marvel IMO.

CONGRATS in joining the Amiga scene then! We are really glad to have you here! :)
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:54 pm You are very welcome! Don't worry, little by little it will all come together. The secret is to patiently persist, a little every day.

Regarding the ToyBlock font, I don't have my Amiga in front of me, but bear in mind that many fonts produce distorted shapes. If U can, post a screenshot of the flat shape produced so that I can see how it looks.

To make a drawer from inside Lightwave's file requester, the shortcut is RightAmiga + T. The'RightAmiga in emulation is the right Windows key on a PC keyboard.

Other shortcuts are:
LeftAmiga+n : Change screen to Workbench
LeftAmiga+m: Cycle between screens

The Amiga is probably unique in having screens aside from Windows, in that each program can have, with enough ChipMem, it's own resolution and color palette.

One neat trick to do is holding Left Amiga key and with LeftMouseButton held drag down the mouse.
You can experience a change in resolution and palette to accommodate the highest resolution without even a dropped frame!!
Even today, my PC fades when I want to change resolutions. Granted, we have 32-bit color palettes etc, but the Amiga hard/software rock solid environment is still a tech marvel IMO.

CONGRATS in joining the Amiga scene then! We are really glad to have you here! :)
Your warm words and other positive Amiga-related contents really help me a lot in continuing feeling the sense of security (maybe I will explain why I say that later in my self-introduction...) Amiga brings me...!
And thanks for providing me these information about shortcuts! I will post a screenshot of how that font looks like later. ;)
DLG

Post by DLG »

When using the 'ToyBlock' font to generate text,it looks like this. It's easy to notice there's too little space between each letters. Sometimes when trying to use some fonts, this window appeared and I don't know how to "set a different curve division level" as it says... :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Seems like a correct rendering of the font. Not the usual ones I would use for the exercise, though.

For setting a different Curve Division, you go to Options (key 'o') and set it there.
- muadib