3D Amiga Archive by SACC

General talk forum.
Silverstreak

3D Amiga Archive by SACC

Post by Silverstreak »

Hey all,

This may be posted somewhere else, but I wanted to praise the amazing work done by Dave Coombs of the Sacrimento Amiga Computer Club (SACC.org).

He has painstakingly put together a huge Amiga archive of Manuals, videos, software and preconfigure hdf files for a vast array of Amiga 3D software.

I cannot get over how well he has been done this, it must have been a real labour of love. There is software here that I never been able to find, all with manuals. Wonderful stuff. You can see it here all too briefly on day one of Amiwest 2021 : https://youtu.be/zAqSeaM_uHk?t=20212 .. the video quality was not good at this point, but bear with it.

Anyway, all they are asking for is a $5 donation to their club (I paid a little more international shipping), for which you will recieve either a USB pen drive or DVD. You can get in contact with SACC on their facebook page, and they'll put you in touch with Dave.

Cheers!
muadib
Site Admin

Re: 3D Amiga Archive by SACC

Post by muadib »

WHAT!

That is a great find, thank you for the tip Silverstreak.
I will contact them ASAP as I am very interested myself in this collection!
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

That sounds like a brilliant idea. I would love a link rather than a physical device though.it will avoid needless expense in shipping it to the U.K.
Silverstreak

Post by Silverstreak »

Yeah. It would be good to get a link with with a donate option, agreed.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

I had been in contact with Bill Borsari who in turn forwarded my email to Dave Coombs,
but there has been no reply since then.

I will probably send one again, in case they forgot...
- muadib
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

If you do get a reply, could you say there are a few of us who are interested. Maybe we can get a link or a combined postage option?
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

fxgogo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:01 am If you do get a reply, could you say there are a few of us who are interested. Maybe we can get a link or a combined postage option?
Absolutely, will do!
- muadib
Silverstreak

Post by Silverstreak »

If it's easier, I can always upload the archive, and then we can make a donation, if that helps?
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Silverstreak wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 am If it's easier, I can always upload the archive, and then we can make a donation, if that helps?
Good suggestion, I'll mention that, too.
- muadib
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Ok,

I just sent them an email with a gathering of all the suggestions mentioned here.

@Silverstreak Can U check if there are instructions for Cinema4D and Real3D in English inside the archive?
- muadib