What is the most complete package of Lightwave

General talk forum.
walkero

What is the most complete package of Lightwave

Post by walkero »

I thought I had the most complete package for Lightwave, but this weekend I met Muadib and he proved how wrong I was. Can you propose a better version package, and maybe were to find it?

Thanks in advance.
muadib
Site Admin

Re: What is the most complete package of Lightwave

Post by muadib »

Hi Walkero,

Nice to meet you again!

Actually you were right until you received more info, so it is an update, really! :mrgreen:

The latest LW release can be downloaded here:ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/~Uploads/emu/L ... ontent.lha
- muadib
walkero

Post by walkero »

@muadib
Thank you for your fast reply. I checked the files and this package is pretty much the same with the one I had. There are even the same nfo files at the root of the folder. Is there any feature I could check to be sure that I have the latest updated version?

Also, in the future, if there going to be new packages or someone builds more complete packages, it would be great to have some kind of announcements in here.
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

walkero wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:13 pm @muadib
Thank you for your fast reply. I checked the files and this package is pretty much the same with the one I had. There are even the same nfo files at the root of the folder. Is there any feature I could check to be sure that I have the latest updated version?

Also, in the future, if there going to be new packages or someone builds more complete packages, it would be great to have some kind of announcements in here.
First, you would want to check inside the Toaster/PROGRAMS subfolder the following file sizes:

Code: Select all

Lightwave.fp    1037864
Modeler.fp       579016 
Here is some visual evidence in Layout (notice the 5.00r version number)
Layout5.0Version.jpg

and in Modeler (press 'd' to bring up this window, then hold LMB on 'Preview type' drop-down menu)
Modeler5.0DisplaySettings.jpg

Regarding announcements, there will of course be news and global announcements for new packages, recovered files and plugins etc.

Hope it helps! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- muadib
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Topic moved under "General".
- muadib