Ep.2 Fun with Logos

We will be submitting our homework for every episode here.
muadib
Site Admin

Ep.2 Fun with Logos

Post by muadib »

Upload your homework logo images here!

Episode's link with timing: https://amigaraytracers.com/webcourse/002.php
Twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/623904797

Have fun!
- muadib
Iarla

Re: Ep.2 Fun with Logos

Post by Iarla »

Ros na Rún

Great tutorials so far. Here's my latest act of vandalism as part of our homework ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MiDWaN
Site Admin

Post by MiDWaN »

Here's mine! Hoping to turn this into a full retro-style chrome logo eventually, with the proper surfaces etc.
MiDWaN-Logo001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DLG

Post by DLG »

Well,here's my homework...
However, it seems that the front surface of the letter "k" is missing for some unknown reason. Also, I have set these options in the "Record" panel and believed the rendered image would be saved after pressing the F9 button. Then this error message showed up and there's nothing saved in my homework folder. I don't what should I do in order to save these rendered pictures successfully...
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Hi DLG,
and welcome to the forum! :D

It seems that LW is trying to save the image as .jpg but is missing an 'errors' file that should be present somewhere inside the directory hierarchy of LW.
You can try running SnoopDos when rendering to see where that file is being looked for.

I'll try to fire up my Amiga emulation at some point during the day to see where that file should be located.

UPDATE: The 'Errors' file should be present inside LW's relative 'PROGRAMS/Hiip_Support/' subdir.
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:55 am Hi DLG,
and welcome to the forum! :D

It seems that LW is trying to save the image as .jpg but is missing an 'errors' file that should be present somewhere inside the directory hierarchy of LW.
You can try running SnoopDos when rendering to see where that file is being looked for.

I'll try to fire up my Amiga emulation at some point during the day to see where that file should be located.

UPDATE: The 'Errors' file should be present inside LW's relative 'PROGRAMS/Hiip_Support/' subdir.
Thank you so much...!
It's strange that after the first time,that error message no longer appeared again. I also remembered before that error message in the screenshot appeared,there was suddenly a window saying "Insert disk 'HIIP' in any drive".
Sorry for bothering you but I feel that maybe the problem does not belong to HIIP.
After opening SnoopDOS,I opened the Layout,tried to change back to the older version of HIIP which has the prefix "HIIP-" and also tried to make the image rendered as these format options which is not provided by HIIP. I was sure that the "Save RGB Images" button is kept being on and the directory is always my "homework" folder. However,nothing new appeared in that homework folder all that time. When I got a bit frustrated,quit the Layout and didn't see anything mentioning the 'errors' file in the SnoopDos.
Thank you for firing up your emulation to help me... I found that in my installation, the "Hiip_Support" folder is in the directory where LightWave is installed and there's no any folder called "Hiip_Support" in the "Programs" folder.
I still don't know whether it's some sort of complex problem or just because of I messed up some steps myself...
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

No worries, really. We will fix this!

First, try rendering and saving in a format that doesn't use HIIP,
like 24-bit IFF.

if this works, then exit LW and use a text editor to open
LW-config. Be sure to backup a copy of it, just in case.

Inside LW-Config there will be long HIIP Plugin entries toward the end of the file. Delete all of these.
Save, exit and restart LW.

Inside LW Layout, go to Options and install again the HIIP plugins. Once done, quit and restart Layout.

Try saving your image again using jpg.

Let me know how it goes!
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:34 pm No worries, really. We will fix this!

First, try rendering and saving in a format that doesn't use HIIP,
like 24-bit IFF.

if this works, then exit LW and use a text editor to open
LW-config. Be sure to backup a copy of it, just in case.

Inside LW-Config there will be long HIIP Plugin entries toward the end of the file. Delete all of these.
Save, exit and restart LW.

Inside LW Layout, go to Options and install again the HIIP plugins. Once done, quit and restart Layout.

Try saving your image again using jpg.

Let me know how it goes!
Sorry...The problem is not solved yet when I tried to render in Lightwave's original available format. :oops:
Maybe it's not necessary but I still tried to delete everything related to HIIP in the "LW-config" file,chose the directory the rendered images should be in and pressed F9. Then I waited several seconds for the image to be rendered but found nothing in the target directory.
Thank you for being so patient...
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Aha, F9 is your culprit there. F9 only renders, it doesn't save.
Sorry, I didn't read correctly before.

You want either to render by using the 'Render' button at the down-left corner or press F10, which is essentially the same!
- muadib
DLG

Post by DLG »

muadib wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm Aha, F9 is your culprit there. F9 only renders, it doesn't save.
Sorry, I didn't read correctly before.

You want either to render by using the 'Render' button at the down-left corner or press F10, which is essentially the same!
Ahhh... I've almost never noticed the difference between the function of F9 and F10 since I started learning Lightwave and I flipped through the only several pages of my notes,having found nothing about it... :oops:

I succeeded to render and save in 8-bit HAM. After that I selected a format provided by HIIP and the window saying "Please insert volume 'hiip' in any drive" showed up. After I clicked "retry",there's no error message appeared and the image is not saved. If I click "cancel",the same error message appeared.

Now it's clear that the key I pressed was F10 when I tried rendering the image for the first time and came across the problem with HIIP. Then in the following attempts of rendering, I always pressed F9 and there's no chance for the problem to happen because Lightwave wouldn't save the rendered result at all.

So I tried to delete these contents about the older version of HIIP in LW-Config again and installed the newer version. However,the problem is still not solved...