Some Lightwave work

Post your work for others to see and be inspired.
Ral-Clan

Some Lightwave work

Post by Ral-Clan »

Hi folks,

I started with Lightwave and Aladdin4d on a real Amiga 2000/040. Then around 2008 I switched to an emulated version of this setup (WinUAE). I really learned Lightwave 5.0 (Amiga version) on that system to help realize a music video idea I had (which takes place on a moonbase).

It's on YouTube. All the graphics in this are done with the following Amiga software.
Lightwave 3D 5.0
Some initial modelling in Aladdin4d (before exporting models and finishing the bulk of the work in Lightwave)
Deluxe Paint IV
ImageFX

I did export the finished scene files to Lightwave 5.6 on running under Windows just to do the final rendering, as it was muuuuch faster.
The final video was all edited together in Sony Vegas under Windows.

Today (as of 2021) I have switched to Linux, but still use all my Amiga graphics software regularly under Amiga emulation on that platform.

Anyway, here is a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUOgL38W2-I

Thanks,
Ral-Clan
muadib
Site Admin

Re: Some Lightwave work

Post by muadib »

Hi Ral-Clan,
Welcome to the forum!

What an AMAZING production! I love muppets and really like the way all this was made, absolutely stunning! :o :)

Would you be interested of collaborating in making such films with the Amiga in the future?
- muadib
Ral-Clan

Post by Ral-Clan »

Hi Muadib,

I caught your Amiga Ireland presentation on YouTube and that was how I found this forum.

I might be willing to collaborate....actually I would clarify by saying that I love the idea of collaboration, but am not sure how much time I can dedicate as I have other art projects and work...but am always willing to hear about ideas just in case I can contribute in some way if possible.

Although I did those muppet like characters for that video, it's not something I regularly do. That project was worthwhile, but it took me about three years off and on, and at the end it was quite draining!

All the best!
Ral-Clan
muadib
Site Admin

Post by muadib »

Ral-Clan wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:53 pm Hi Muadib,

I caught your Amiga Ireland presentation on YouTube and that was how I found this forum.

I might be willing to collaborate....actually I would clarify by saying that I love the idea of collaboration, but am not sure how much time I can dedicate as I have other art projects and work...but am always willing to hear about ideas just in case I can contribute in some way if possible.

Although I did those muppet like characters for that video, it's not something I regularly do. That project was worthwhile, but it took me about three years off and on, and at the end it was quite draining!

All the best!
Ral-Clan
I can imagine how tiresome that can be.
It is totally understandable. I also have quite limited time with work and family, so what I am thinking about is making stuff at our own pace, no deadlines, no grand goals, just having fun by making short films etc. Regarding muppets, this is something I've always wanted to do and I have recently found resources for making professional-looking muppets, but that's another story for another thread.

But, yeah, why not!
- muadib
Ral-Clan

Post by Ral-Clan »

I like the idea of no deadlines!
fxgogo

Post by fxgogo »

Welcome, welcome. Nice video. Still got to get into Lightwave in any serious way. I have done some work on it, but it wasone of those learn as you go jobs. I am spending some time on learning all these Amiga 3D apps I missed back in the day.
Silverstreak

Post by Silverstreak »

I'm really late to this, but I really love it! Really nice.
Ral-Clan

Post by Ral-Clan »

Thanks very much Silverstreak. Glad you commented via YouTube, too! I really appreciate the feedback.
A1-X1000

Post by A1-X1000 »

@ Ral-Clan

WoW that was an awesome video! :!: :D Can't imagine all the time it took to get it completed but I'm sure you learned alot along the way...an inspiration to all of us Lightwaver fans on the Amiga so thanks so much for psoting here :D